Find a Pro in Groton, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Groton, CT. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Connecticut // Groton
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Groton, CT
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Groton, CT. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient solution to find the right contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.