Find a Pro in Litchfield, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Litchfield, Connecticut. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Connecticut // Litchfield
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Litchfield, Connecticut
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Litchfield, Connecticut. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free solution to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our app.