Find a Pro in Manchester, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Connecticut // Manchester
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Manchester, Connecticut
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Manchester, Connecticut. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.