Find a Pro in North Haven, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to postpone the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Connecticut // North Haven
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services near North Haven, Connecticut
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in North Haven, Connecticut, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.