Find a Pro in North Stonington, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in North Stonington, Connecticut. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really delay the project. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Connecticut // North Stonington
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near North Stonington, Connecticut
When you need roofing maintenance services in North Stonington, Connecticut, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing contractors featured on our site have the knowledge and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in North Stonington, Connecticut. Find the right contractor for your home now.