Find a Pro in Oakville, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Connecticut // Oakville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Oakville, CT
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Oakville, CT. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, book an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.