Find a Pro in Plantsville, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Plantsville, CT. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Connecticut // Plantsville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Plantsville, CT
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Plantsville, CT, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing experts featured on our site have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to find the best companies for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.