Find a Pro in Quaker Hill, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really postpone the project. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Connecticut // Quaker Hill
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Quaker Hill, Connecticut
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Quaker Hill, Connecticut, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to help. With our user-friendly app, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Quaker Hill, Connecticut. Find the perfect contractor for your home today.