Find a Pro in Roxbury, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Roxbury, Connecticut. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Connecticut // Roxbury
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Roxbury, Connecticut
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Roxbury, Connecticut. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for your project.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.