Find a Pro in Stonington, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Stonington, Connecticut. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Connecticut // Stonington
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Stonington, Connecticut
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Stonington, Connecticut, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the skills and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy option to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.