Find a Pro in Storrs Mansfield, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Storrs Mansfield, Connecticut. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Connecticut // Storrs Mansfield
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Storrs Mansfield, Connecticut
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Storrs Mansfield, Connecticut, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors featured on our site have the experience you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to help. With our powerful platform, you can find the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Storrs Mansfield, Connecticut. Find the right contractor for your house now.