Find a Pro in Watertown, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Connecticut // Watertown
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Watertown, CT
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Watertown, CT. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the right candidate for your project.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you notice a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient way to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our platform.