Find a Pro in Woodbridge, Connecticut
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in Woodbridge, CT. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Connecticut // Woodbridge
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Woodbridge, CT
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Woodbridge, CT. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.