Find a Pro in Washington, District Of Columbia
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time to book.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // District of Columbia // Washington
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Washington, DC
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Washington, DC. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and needs attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.