Find a Pro in Citra, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this can really delay the project. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Florida // Citra
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services in Citra, FL
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Citra, FL. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to assist. With our powerful app, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Citra, FL. Find the right contractor for your house today.