Find a Pro in Cocoa Beach, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Florida // Cocoa Beach
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Cocoa Beach, Florida
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Cocoa Beach, Florida. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Hire someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.