Find a Pro in Dunedin, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can call a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be an easier time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Florida // Dunedin
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Dunedin, FL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Dunedin, FL. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.