Find a Pro in Flagler Beach, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a good time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time for services.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Florida // Flagler Beach
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Flagler Beach, Florida
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Flagler Beach, Florida. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient way to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our platform.