Find a Pro in Fleming Island, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in Fleming Island, Florida. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really stall the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will establish the total cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Florida // Fleming Island
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Fleming Island, Florida
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Fleming Island, Florida. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Fleming Island, Florida. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your house now.