Find a Pro in Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this can really delay the project. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Florida // Fort Walton Beach
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Fort Walton Beach, Florida. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.