Find a Pro in Monticello, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the job. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Florida // Monticello
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Monticello, FL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Monticello, FL. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to find the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our app.