Find a Pro in North Miami Beach, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in North Miami Beach, Florida. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Florida // North Miami Beach
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in North Miami Beach, Florida
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in North Miami Beach, Florida. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the best professional for the job.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.