Find a Pro in Ochopee, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Florida // Ochopee
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Ochopee, Florida
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Ochopee, Florida. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.