Find a Pro in Plant City, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Florida // Plant City
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Plant City, FL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Plant City, FL. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient solution to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our platform.