Find a Pro in Pompano Beach, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Pompano Beach, FL. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several things that will establish the total cost. Typically, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Florida // Pompano Beach
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Pompano Beach, FL
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Pompano Beach, FL. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to find the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.