Find a Pro in Saint Johns, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Florida // Saint Johns
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Saint Johns, Florida
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Saint Johns, Florida, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the knowledge and qualifications you’re looking for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient solution to hire the best contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.