Find a Pro in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a common time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Florida // Santa Rosa Beach
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.