Find a Pro in Shalimar, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Florida // Shalimar
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Shalimar, FL
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Shalimar, FL. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and find the right professional for your project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy option to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.