Find a Pro in Sumatra, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really postpone the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Florida // Sumatra
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Sumatra, Florida
When you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Sumatra, Florida, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors featured on our site have the experience you’re looking for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to help. With our powerful app, you can get the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Sumatra, Florida. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your home right away.