Find a Pro in Summerfield, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Summerfield, Florida. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Florida // Summerfield
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Summerfield, Florida
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Summerfield, Florida. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and find the best candidate for the job.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to help. With our streamlined platform, you can find the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Summerfield, Florida. Get the premium roofing services you need for your house today.