Find a Pro in Trenton, Florida
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to postpone the project. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Florida // Trenton
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Trenton, FL
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Trenton, FL, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free solution to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our app.