Find a Pro in Kahuku, Hawaii
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Hawaii // Kahuku
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Kahuku, Hawaii
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Kahuku, Hawaii, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you need for your project. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.