Find a Pro in Kapolei, Hawaii
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this can really stall the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Hawaii // Kapolei
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Kapolei, HI
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Kapolei, HI. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can get the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Kapolei, HI. Find the right contractor for your home right away.