Find a Pro in Kuna, Idaho
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Idaho // Kuna
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services near Kuna, Idaho
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Kuna, Idaho. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for the job.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.