Find a Pro in Oakley, Idaho
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Oakley, Idaho. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Idaho // Oakley
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Oakley, Idaho
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Oakley, Idaho. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our powerful platform, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Oakley, Idaho. Get the premium roofing services you need for your property today.