Find a Pro in Porthill, Idaho
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Idaho // Porthill
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services near Porthill, Idaho
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Porthill, Idaho. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.