Find a Pro in Saint Maries, Idaho
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really delay the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Idaho // Saint Maries
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Saint Maries, Idaho
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Saint Maries, Idaho. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.