Find a Pro in Troy, Idaho
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get in touch with a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Idaho // Troy
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Troy, Idaho
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Troy, Idaho. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for your project.
Our site also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional contractors available to help. With our powerful platform, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Troy, Idaho. Find the right contractor for your home today.