Find a Pro in Beaverville, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to delay the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Beaverville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services near Beaverville, Illinois
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Beaverville, Illinois. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires attention at once. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our streamlined app, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in Beaverville, Illinois. Find the right contractor for your house right away.