Find a Pro in Blue Island, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can contact a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Blue Island
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Blue Island, IL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Blue Island, IL. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.