Find a Pro in Bradford, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Bradford
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Bradford, IL
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Bradford, IL. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see that a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free solution to hire the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.