Find a Pro in Chebanse, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Chebanse
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Chebanse, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Chebanse, IL. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy solution to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our app.