Find a Pro in Chestnut, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Chestnut, IL. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Chestnut
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services in Chestnut, IL
If you need roofing maintenance services in Chestnut, IL, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing experts featured on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.