Find a Pro in Cobden, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Cobden
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Cobden, IL
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Cobden, IL. Our streamlined platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and find the right candidate for your project.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.