Find a Pro in Cordova, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in Cordova, IL. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Cordova
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Cordova, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Cordova, IL. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our app.