Find a Pro in Crossville, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Crossville, Illinois. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really delay the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Crossville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Crossville, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Crossville, Illinois. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.