Find a Pro in Danville, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for the rest of your house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Danville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Danville, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Danville, Illinois. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see that some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to assist. With our easy-to-use app, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Danville, Illinois. Get the roofing services you need for your home right away.