Find a Pro in East Dubuque, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // East Dubuque
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in East Dubuque, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in East Dubuque, Illinois. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in East Dubuque, Illinois. Find the perfect contractor for your home today.