Find a Pro in Edwardsville, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Edwardsville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Edwardsville, Illinois
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance companies in Edwardsville, Illinois. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.