Find a Pro in Elkville, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Elkville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Elkville, Illinois
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Elkville, Illinois, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing experts you'll discover on our site have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient option to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our platform.